Cognitive Aging Research Projects
- McDougall, G. J. (PI), Wedgeworth, M., & Stanton, M. (Co Is). (2014). Senior WISE memory training in a continuing care retirement community. Capstone Village, Tuscaloosa, AL. Unfunded (2014-2016).
- Principal Investigator, "SeniorWISE Intervention plus Yoga for Older Adults with Poor Everyday Memory Performance." St. David’s Community Health Foundation, 2010-2011.
- Director, Dissemination Core & Co-Investigator "Center for Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Research for Underserved Populations." Stuifbergen, A. (PI). National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institutes of Health, 2004-2009.
- Principal Investigator, "Improving Everyday Memory in At-Risk Elderly." National Institute on Aging (1 R01 AG15384), 2001-2009.
- Co-Investigator, Choi, N (PI), "Mental health needs of low income older Texans: A pilot study of depressives symptomatology and preferential treatment." Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research in Underserved Populations (CHPR), NINR, NIH, 2005-2006.
- Co-Investigator, Borges, W., (PI). "Cognitive interviewing approach to insure instrument equivalence." South West Partnership Center P20, 2005-2006.
- Co-Investigator, Clark, A., PI, "Health-promoting self care in people with heart failure." (NINR) R03, 2005-2009.
- Consultant, Smith-West, D (PI), "Translation of obesity and cognitive research in a rural state via senior centers." Translation of SeniorWISE. Centers for Disease Control (1 R18 DP001145-01), 2007-2012.
- Co-Investigator, Haley, A., (PI), Tanaka, H., Ress, D. "Cardiovascular Health and Brain Function in Mexican-American Adults at Risk for Hypertension." Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research in Underserved Populations (CHPR) NINR, NIH, 2008-2009.
- Principal Investigator, "Revising the direct assessment of functional status in community elderly." Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research in Underserved Populations (CHPR), NINR, NIH, 2007-2008.
- Co-Investigator, Harris, J. (PI). "Influences of Text and Reader Variables on the Comprehension of Health Information." Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Research in Underserved Populations (CHPR) P30 NR05051, 2002-2003.
- Co-Investigator, Director, Research Development and Dissemination Core. Stuifbergen, A. (PI). "Center for Health Promotion/Disease Prevention Research for Underserved Populations." NINR, 1999-2004.
- Principal Investigator, "Predictive Model of Memory Performance in Community Residing Older Adults." National Institute Nursing Research-AREA (1 R15 NR04204-01), 1996-1998.
- Principal Investigator, "Improving Memory Self-Efficacy in Assisted Living Elders." National Institute on Aging CWRU Pepper Older Americans Independence Center, 1997-1998.
- Princiapal Investigator, "Rehabilitation of Memory in Older Adults." Rehabilitation Nursing Foundation, 1997.
- Principal Investigator, "Mnemonic Training to Improve Self-Efficacy in Cognitively Impaired Older Adults." American Nurses Foundation, 1996-1997.
- Principal Investigator, "Metamemory and Depression in Cognitively Impaired Older Adults." Biomedical Research Support Grant (NCNR-507RR05947-07), 1991-1992.
- Principal Investigator, "Metamemory Knowledge as a Cue to Act in Older Adults." Funded by American Nurses Foundation-Lucille Joel Fund Scholar, 1990-1991.
- Project Director, "Chronic Heart Failure and Older Adults." (Carol Delville). American Academy of Nursing, John A. Hartford Foundation, Building Academic Geriatric Nursing Capacity (BAGNAC). (UTA06-247), INCR, 2006-2008.
- Project Director, "Predictive Model of Memory Performance in Taiwanese Older Adults." (Lee-jen Suen). Funded: National Institute Nursing Research-Minority Supplement (1 R15 NR04204-01), 1997-1998.
- Project Director, "Adult Learning and Curriculum Theory for Nurse Practitioner Clinical Faculty." (Tytko, A., McDougall, G. J.). Robert Wood Johnson, 1994-1995.
- Project Director, Faculty Scholar Award. (Wykle, M. H.). National Institute of Mental Health, Mental Disorders of Aging Branch, (T01 MH 19812-01), 1992-1995.
- Professional Nurse Traineeship, US Public Health Service, Nursing, UT Austin, School of Nursing, 1985-1986.
- Fellow, NIMH, Nursing, LSU Medical Center School of Nursing, Gero-Psychiatric Nursing, 1980-1981.
"The views, opinions and conclusions expressed in this are are those of the author or organization and not necessarily those of the University of Alabama or its officers and trustees. The content of this page has not been reviewed or approved by the University of Alabama, and the author or organization is solely responsible for its content"
The contents of this site - text, images, data - are ¨ Copyright of Graham J. McDougall Jr." unless otherwise noted and are intended for personal information only. Downloading of information or graphic images contained herein for private use is not discouraged; however, written permission from Graham J. McDougall Jr. is required for the publication of any material. For additional details regarding this site and its contents, contact email@example.com
Senior WISE®, “Wisdom is Simply Exploration" and the Senior WISE® owl design, are registered trademarks, U.S. Reg. No. 2824066 and U.S. Reg. No. 2860022 in International Class 41.